I’m super excited! I was just nominated for my first blog award by my new homesteading buddy over at http://sundaydinnerfarm.wordpress.com/.
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What to do:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts about Me.
1. My favorite color is purple.
2. I like reading and I almost always have a half-finished book sitting around.
3. I can grow vegetables with no problem, but I can’t seem to keep any other plants alive. I’m currently landscaping my front yard with kale and rainbow swiss chard.
4. I grew up by the beach in Florida and I really, really miss the ocean.
5. If I count my stepson, I had three kids before my 20th birthday. Crazy, eh? (The other two are my now 14 year old twins.)
6. When I was little, I wanted to be a vet. I also wanted to marry a farmer.
7. My wedding ring was my DH’s late mom’s ring. I love it, but I very rarely wear it.
8. When I met my DH, I worked as an auto technician at the same shop he still works at.
9. I’m highly allergic to mangoes, cashews, and pistachios. They are all in the sumac family, just like poison ivy and poison oak.
10. I don’t wash my hair with shampoo or conditioner. I use baking soda and ACV. I only have to wash my hair every 4-5 days, and it never gets oily or greasy.
11. I’ve got Ambliopia – you’d never know it just looking at me – but my depth perception sucks.
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What color socks are you wearing? Handknit socks that I just finished yesterday. They are so comfy, it feels like I’m wearing hugs on my feet. This is a picture of the pair I made for my sister. I used the same pattern and the same yarn on the ones I am wearing right now. Handknit socks are the best. socks. ever.
2. What is your favorite book. Why? The Bible. Everytime I read parts of it, I look at life from a fresh and new perspective.
3. Can you drive stick shift? I could get from point A to point B if I had to, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable about it.
4. Name your most embarrassing high school memory. Good question, but I got in way too much trouble as a teenager, and I’m not sure I want to write about those days when my now teenagers might read this… (lol)
5. Have you ever had a “free” fish? Was it still alive a week later? Yes! It was a beta. I expected it to die by day 4, but the thing lived for 3 years. It was the most stubborn fish alive. I have no idea how it lived for so long, we were horrible fish guardians.
6.If you could choose to vacation by yourself for a week, with unlimited funds, where and what would you choose? Norway, but I wouldn’t want to go by myself. I would want my family and extended family to come with me.
7. I dip my pickles in milk. What bizarre food choice/habit do you have? I like mayonaise on my grilled cheese sandwiches.
8. What is the most important advice you would give to your 18 year old self? Listen to your parents better, they have your best interests at heart..
9. Have you ever sung karaoke? Yes, I sang a flat version of Wind Beneath my Wings at Wet-N-Wild in Florida one night with some high school friends. It was fun, but I’m not sure I would do it again.
10. What is your bowling average? 140, Huzzah!
11. Who killed JR.? I had no idea until I googled it and read the Wikipedia article about it. Ha.
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. How many and what kinds of pets do you have?
2. What is your favorite bread, cake, or cookie recipe?
3. Are you on track to complete your New Years Resolution?
4. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever found in your purse/car?
5. What are you reading right now?
6. How many loads of laundry do you have to do each week to keep up?
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
8. Name the first three things that always seem to be on your computer desk.
9. I was born on April 1st! What day were you born on?
10. What’s for supper tonight?
11. How did you decide on your blog’s name?
11 Blogs I nominate (in no particular order)